Hand on Heart Red Wine Sans-Gria
Make this the summer of Red Wine Sans-Gria! Made with flavorful, non-alcoholic Hand on Heart Cabernet Sauvignon, this mouth-watering classic will become an unforgettable new favorite developed by our very own Iron Chef, Cat Cora! Flavors of apple, citrus and pomegranate meet velvety notes of cherry and toasted vanilla in the Cabernet, muddled with a touch of brown sugar and served full of ice for the perfect summer refresher. Gather the ingredients today and spend some time on the patio with Hand on Heart Red Wine Sans-Gria!
- 1/2 medium apple (cored, skin on, chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 medium orange (rind on, sliced into small pieces, large seeds removed // plus more for garnish)
- 3-4 Tbsp organic brown sugar (or 3 Tbsp (37.5 g) organic cane sugar as original recipe is written)
- 3/4 cup orange juice (plus more to taste)
- 3/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 750 ml bottle of Hand on Heart Cabernet
- 1 cup Ice to chill
Add apples, oranges, and sugar to a large pitcher and muddle with a muddler or wooden spoon for 45 seconds. Add orange juice and pomegranate juice and muddle again to combine for 30 seconds. Add red wine and stir to incorporate, then taste and adjust flavor as needed. Stir to combine. Add ice and stir once more to chill. Serve as is, or with a bit more ice. Garnish with orange segments (optional). Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours, though best when fresh.
Recipe provided by Chef Cat Cora