Cauliflower Steaks with Avocado Chimichurri
Seasoned Cauliflower Steaks, paired with delicious avocado chimichurri and our velvety Cabernet Sauvignon.
- Cauliflower Steaks:
- 1 large head cauliflower, about 2-3 pounds, sliced into 1- inch "steaks"
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Avocado Chimichurri:
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup of fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeño, cored, seeded, and finely diced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice, (about 1 medium lime)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced (squeeze lime over the diced Avocado until ready to use to keep from browning)
Brush half of the olive oil mixture over the top of the cauliflower steaks, season with salt and pepper. Heat a large sauté pan or grill pan over medium-high heat. Place the seasoned side of the cauliflower steaks facing down on the hot pan, then brush the tops of the steaks with the remaining olive oil, season with salt and pepper and let cook for 5-6 minutes. Turn the cauliflower and cook 4-5 additional minutes, make sure the cauliflower is tender. Turn off heat and let sit until sauce is ready.
In a blender put in cilantro, parsley, olive oil, garlic, jalapeño, lime juice, salt, pepper, oregano, and olive oil. And blend well. Pour into a medium bowl and add the avocado and gently stir to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning as desired.
Serve the cauliflower steaks not with the avocado chimichurri.
Recipe provided by Chef Cat Cora