Avocado Cobb Salad with Apricot Dressing
Refreshing Avocado Cobb Salad tossed with a tangy Apricot dressing, paired with our classic Rosé.
- 8 cups chopped iceberg, romaine, or butter leaf lettuce
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 large eggs, hard-boiled, peeled and halved
- 6 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup pickled red onions
- 3 large firm avocados, halved, pitted, and peeled
- For Apricot Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/4 cup apricot base
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
To assemble the salad: In a large bowl, toss the lettuce with the dressing. Transfer the dressed lettuce to a large platter. Carefully cut the avocados on the bias into thick slices and place them down the center of the salad. Spoon the bacon, tomatoes, onions and cheese around the avocado. Add the sliced egg and serve.
Pro tip: I like to grill the avocados first. For grilling, be sure to choose avocados that are still fairly firm; soft ones don’t work.
For the dressing
In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, apricot preserves, olive oil, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe provided by Chef Cat Cora